Document Checklist for your Mortgage
- Copy of signed sales contract.
- Verification of the deposit placed on the home.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of all parties involved. i.e. REALTORS®, Title Agencies, Attorneys, etc.
- Copy of MLS ticket and legal description if available.
- Provide Condominium Declaration by-laws and most recent budget.
- Copies of your pay-stubs for the past 30 days.
- Bank statement for past three months.
- Copies of W-2 forms for past two years.
- Copies of tax returns for past two years.
- Name and contact info for all employers within the past two years.
- Letter explaining any gaps in employment within the past two years.
- Work visa or green card front and back (if applicable.)
If you are self-employed:
- Full tax returns for past two years. Please provide complete tax return including schedules, statements, and any extensions (if needed to be filed.)
- Year-to-date profit and loss statement.
- K-1 for all partnerships and S-Corps for the past two years. Note: Most K-1 forms are not attached to the 1040 tax form.
- Completed and signed Federal Partnership (1065) and/or Corporate Income Tax Returns.
ALIMONY OR CHILD SUPPORT TO QUALIFY
- Provide divorce decree/court order, stating amount and proof of receipt of funds for the past year.
SOCIAL SECURITY INCOME – DISABILITY/VA BENEFITS
- Provide award letter from Government agency/organization.
SOURCE OF FUNDS AND DOWN PAYMENT
- Sale of your existing home – provide a copy of the signed sales contract.
- Bank statement and money market funds for the past three months.
- Stocks and Bonds – provide copies of the statement from the broker or copies of certificates.
- Gifts – If part of your cash-to-close, provide a gift letter and proof of funds.
- Based on info appearing on the application and/or credit report, additional documentation may be required.
DEBT OR OBLIGATIONS
- List of names, addresses, account numbers, balances, and monthly payments for all current debts within the past three months.
- Include names, addresses, account numbers, balances, and monthly payments for mortgage holders/landlords for the past two years.
- Check to cover application fee(s).